Hydrochloric Acid is a highly reactive chemical and it
forms metal chlorides, most of which are soluble. This leads to its wide
industrial use in metal cleaning applications.
- Cleaning and pickling of metals
- Acidizing of oil wells
- Processing of textiles
- Food processing
- Manufacture of chlorine and chlorides
- Manufacture of ossein/gelatine.
- Manufacture of chloro-organic compounds and polymers such as PVC,
chlorinated rubber etc.
Hydrochloric Acid is manufactured in technical collaboration with UHDE GmbH
of Germany, using graphite furnaces of Lecarbone - Lorraine, France.
This gives a products of very high purity and water white appearance, as it
is free from iron, a common impurity.
Modi HCI is supplied in rubber lined lorry tanker
- HCI reacts with most metals and cannot be stored in metal containers
- It should not be stored with or near oxidizing agents, particularly
nitric acid and chlorates
- It should be stored in a cool, well ventilated place.
- All electrical wiring and fixtures in and around the storage area
should be protected with acid vapour proof casings.
- Storage tanks should be provided with adequate vents.