Hydrochloric Acid is a highly reactive chemical and it
forms metal chlorides, most of which are soluble. This leads to its wide
industrial use in metal cleaning applications.
- Cleaning and pickling of metals
- Acidizing of oil wells
- Processing of textiles
- Food processing
- Manufacture of chlorine and chlorides
- Manufacture of ossein/gelatine.
- Manufacture of chloro-organic compounds and polymers such as PVC,
chlorinated rubber etc.
Hydrochloric Acid is manufactured in technical collaboration with UHDE GmbH
of Germany, using graphite furnaces of Lecarbone Lorraine, France.
This gives a products of very high purity and water white appearance, as it
is free from iron, a common impurity.
Modi HCI is supplied in rubber lined lorry tanker
- HCI reacts with most metals and cannot be stored in metal containers
- It should not be stored with or near oxidizing agents, particularly
nitric acid and chlorates
- It should be stored in a cool, well ventilated place.
- All electrical wiring and fixtures in and around the storage area
should be protected with acid vapour proof casings.
- Storage tanks should be provided with adequate vents.